Friday, January 27, 2012

Indie Films!

The process of filmmaking is very difficult. First an idea has to be concived to make the film then the script has to be written, then it takes a well orchestrated team of people who love film to put in the time and energy it takes to complete a film. Sometimes, these groups of filmakers have the neccessary funds to make the film, while many are in need of funds to persue their creative passion for film. Since I am a Communications-Media major, I am always very interested in art, film, music, and photography. PR is also one of my other main interests, so when I hear about a local filmaker, band, artist or photographer needing funds I want to help. One of the main focal points of PR is raising awareness, and getting people interested through promotional advertising or even just word of mouth (i.e. Street Team). Everyone has engaged in PR at some point in their lives wether its telling people about something cool or trying to raise money, everyone is always sharing ideas and information. So, right now I want to share some info with you via this blog. I am taking a class that deals with Media, and one of my fellow classmates made an announcemet that he is making a film called The Treehouse. The Treehouse Film has limited funds however, and he is trying to raise money to continue filming. If you would like to donate to the project here's the website.
 http://www.indiegogo.com/the-tree-house 

*Your donation is greatly appreciated.
 Thanks! & Tell All Your Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment