Thursday, October 3, 2013

Daily Grind

This seemed fitting for today! I found this on Facebook after a post from the HBO show GIRLS. 
GIRLS is one of my favorite shows, not only is it extremely witty but it is chalk full of pure honesty. Lena Dunham is a wonderful writer. She is challenging society in its perception of what beautiful is and showing people that it is fine to just be yourself. You don't need to look like a supermodel to be beautiful and successful. Lena is a trailblazer for all twenty-somethings who are just trying to find there place in the world. I first started watching this show in college and I found it to be relatable then, but even more so now that I am a college graduate. 
I have been seeking a job in media PR/Film or Music for the last few months and it is so exhausting! I literally sit on the couch watching Netflix all day. Everyday I send out several resumes hoping someone will email me back with a job opportunity. While I have had some people email me back, I've never passed the initial interview. They always say come back in 3-5 years when you have some experience. It's like come on! I have to start somewhere to get that experience. I am a hard working individual who loves media and I just need someone to give me a chance to succeed. Most of all though, I really just want to leave the small town where I am currently living and spread my wings. "Magic Happens Outside Your Comfort Zone" I just need the opportunity to grow, work, meet new people and find that magic. So, I've been applying for a lot of jobs in NY which is extremely out of my comfort zone, but I think it would be a great change. Also the Knicks are there which is really cool! I love the NBA. NY seems like a good place to follow your dreams ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment